Friday, December 18, 2009

Love


When I was in 4th grade, I was "Love" in a Christmas play. I'm not sure if they chose me for that part because I had red hair or if it was because they knew my mom was a seamstress and knew she'd go all-out on a dress for the part. I don't really remember the point of the play, I just remember I popped up out of a Christmas box in my long white dress with the red trim. I recited something about love...and I felt beautiful.

That's the way I feel this Christmas. I feel like I've been popping out of a box spreading love everywhere. Not just my love---but the love of others---and God's love. Being the director of a benevolence ministry, I'm the natural one people turn to when they want to find a family to help at Christmas. Love has been spread all over this city---and beyond. It feels tangible. That's the way God intended it, don't you think? It still makes me feel beautiful when I'm clothed in Love.

No comments: