Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Language of Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs

I was so excited to read Dr. Eggerichs new book! I had read his book, "Love & Respect" last year and it was transforming for me. I had read Ephesians 5:33 many times, but it had never clicked in my mind that my relationship with my husband was spelled out in that verse. "However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." Husbands are to LOVE their wives and wives are to RESPECT their husbands. Simple. But I had never seen it until I read Dr. Eggerichs earlier book.
But as I read "The Language of Love & Respect," I felt like I was re-reading his first book. Dr. Eggerichs kept referring to his earlier book and using the same examples. It was frustrating. I was hoping to learn something new, but didn't. My advice to anyone wanting to learn how to relate to your spouse in the way God intends is to read Dr. Eggerichs' earlier book, "Love & Respect."
If I hadn't been reading this book for a book review, I would have layed it down much sooner. The author kept using acronyms and "codes" that I will never remember. It's too complicated to be very useful. He had a great beginning concept from his first book, but lost me along the way.

No comments: