Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Prophecies & Headlines--Day 4


Prophecy:
Israel will be the center of attention in the last days. And more specifically, Jerusalem. And even more specifically, the Temple Mount. Isaiah 2:2

Headlines:
Israel: Iran: Israel a 'Cancer,' Holocaust 'A Big Lie'
Jerusalem: Qureia: War For Jerusalem Has Started
Temple Mount: Top Islamic Leader Arrested at Temple Mount Protests

The reason I started blogging about Prophecies & Headlines in the first place was because I suspect there are a lot of people like me. I was looking at the world through the lense of America. If you're like me, we've thought America was at the center of the world. The first time I realized we weren't was when I went on my first mission trip out of the country. I was astounded to realize the world wasn't holding it's breath to see what America was doing 24/7. Start listening to the news. You'll hear a lot about the Middle East and about Israel in particular.

Father, this morning I am praying for the peace of Jerusalem. In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This is so interesting and eye-opening. I've learned that the world doesn't revolve around Americans the way you did but I haven't been good about keeping up with the news headlines. After reading this, it's sure to change things...
Thanks for the posts!