Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Prophecies & Headlines--Day 17


Prophecy:
People will be lovers of self and utterly self-centered. II Timothy 3:2

Headlines:
Stampede Results in Injuries, Arrests at 'America's Next Top Model' Audtions
The Most Self-Centered Generation Ever?
Have We Raised a Generation of Narcissists?
TV Egos Unbound
Just for kicks, I googled "my point of view" and came up with 267,000,000 sites. "I think" turned up 710,000,000 sites. I googled "my" and came up with 5,090,000,000 sites. I tried "I" and the returns were even larger: 9,590,000,000. I think we like to talk about ourselves out here, don't you? Of course, we probably don't have old statistics to compare this to so we can see how much more self-centered we've become. (And of course, with this post alone, I've increased those numbers!! ha!)

1 comment:

Kallie G said...

Love the cute "springy"(Ricky would be so upset that I used a fake word) background!

Of course we have all the poisonous stuff put up. . .we did with Elijah too! I didn't explain that very well! I just meant we left knick-knacks, picture frames, etc down on low shelves and he left them alone! :)

Thanks for always commenting on my posts! Our families aren't bloggers so they look but don't post! Its nice to have comments every now and again! :)