Friday, March 20, 2009

My list

Tammy Hubbart wrote a blog (right) that has inspired me. I absolutely loved reading her blog of what she would have done differently if given the chance. I tried to write my own list, but was stopped by my overanalytical nature. Do I wish I had done things differently? Absolutely. But instead of trying to figure out if my temperament would have allowed me to do things differently and how I could have, I just decided to make a different kind of list. Here is a list of what I want to do before I die:
  • Develop a deeper friendship with God--I want to know His secrets!
  • Accept differences in others more readily
  • Consistently honor and respect my husband
  • Enjoy my children and my grandchildren
  • Be more grateful
  • Give myself freedom to spend money on me. In fact, I'd get someone who understands fashion & comfort to help me buy a new wardrobe--and this is because I need it!
  • Laugh a lot
  • Make a budget and stick to it
  • Learn from others who have qualities I desire
  • See victories in lives I've prayed for
  • Get a great camera and learn how to use it well--without effort (ha!)
  • Invest in Israel
  • Not judge
  • Enjoy life!
  • Not stress over unreciprocal relationships
  • Take time out for me
  • Love deeply and unconditionally
  • Respond differently
  • Get a Mac laptop
  • Do what God has called me to do and not feel compelled to do all those other things
  • I want to see what a marriage in perfect unity can accomplish for the kingdom of God!
  • Share what God has taught me to young women
  • Live a guilt-free life
  • See lives changed at Living Water
  • Walk more
  • Embrace who I am
  • Give extravagantly
  • Learn how to submit
  • Go to Israel again and learn more about the places I'd visit
  • Write a book
  • Get a housekeeper!
God continually teaches me new things about myself. After I wrote out this list and studied it (my overanalytical nature...again) I realized it's hard for me to do things for me. I'm very demanding of myself. I wonder how different things would have been in my past if I'd been kinder to me.
But this is what I want to do before I die! In fact, I'm not even going to be too hard on myself. I've loved and laughed alot. If I don't accomplish the above list, I can tell you...I've loved my life. I'm so grateful God has blessed my life with my family---and you!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Becky, I loved your list. I love that I can relate to so much of what you had to say. I want to do something about the things on my list that bothers me. I am so tired of fear in all forms. It keeps me from being the whole woman I believe I am supposed to be. Does that make any sense?

Becky Dietz said...

Absolutely, Tammy!! I believe FEAR is the root of almost every other that trips us up. And I'm in agreement----let's go for it!! We've got an Amazing Race to run!!

amy wright said...

I like your list. I bet you start checking them off quicker than you'd think!