Friday, March 25, 2016

Love God with Your Emotions



"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment."  Mark 12:30

Recently, as I was teaching about being made up of body, soul, and spirit...God pierced my mind with something I'd missed!  Our soul is made up of our mind, our will, and our emotions.  How many times have you heard someone say about a church service, "That was just too emotional?" or "It's just like they were trying to stir up people's emotions?"  I wonder if whoever said that is afraid of their emotions or is not in tune with their emotions?  God created us with emotions.  And we are to love him with our emotions.


I remember when I began worshiping God with my emotions.  I was afraid to do it in front of certain people.  And God whispered to my heart, "Will you fear them...or Me?"  I lifted my hands and worshiped with all of my being.  Emotions should be part of our worship.  Not by manipulation, but as an act of love.  


You have to fall in love with God with all of your heart to become emotional about Him.  

No comments: