Friday, March 11, 2016

Happy Birthday, Jay!

Today is my son-in-law's birthday.  Jay Wright.  I had an epiphany this week when I was thinking about him and realized he was 14-years-old when I met him--exactly one year older than his oldest son, Isaac, is right now.  My nephew, Jeff, brought Jay to our youth camp as part of his band.  Jay was keyboard player....at 14.  He's a gifted pianist--and was very gifted even then!  But looking back, it's amazing that he was doing camps with a band at 14-years-old.  Jay came to our camp for several years with the band and they began doing skits.  I can remember being in the break room and watching them practice, "Mama's Little Baby" and I was crying because I was laughing so hard.  Jay was a great ad libber and never did the skit the same way twice.  Jay is definitely the life of the party.  He loves people and remembers their names--and doesn't forget them. But I think the thing I love about Jay the most is his love for God and his family.  In fact, the first fun fact I knew about Jay is that he loved his mom, Jean.  (Thank you for the gift of your son, Jean!)  Of course, that won me over.  Andy likes to brag that he chose Jay for Amy.

Jay & Amy have instilled a sense of life, fun, and discovery in their family.  


I love that Jay loves my daughter.

He fits right in with our family.  We all love him!


I love this picture of Jay!  It was taken at our 20th anniversary of being on staff at FBC Borger,  Kaye Smith snuck into our family photo and Jay was laughing hysterically!  Of course, I was, too.

We never lack for entertainment when he's around!

Jay is also a great dad to his 4 kiddos.  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAY!!
I love you and I'm so glad you're ours.
Becky




No comments: