Friday, March 11, 2016

How Satan Speaks



Satan speaks to our minds..and he's always speaking.  He doesn't come to me and say, "Becky, you are so stupid!"  Why?  Because he's a deceiver and wants me to think that what he's saying to me are my own thoughts.  He comes to me and says, "I am so stupid."  He speaks in first person singular.  The voice you hear that is accusing, derogatory, malicious, critical, impulsive, fearful, full of pressure...are all from the enemy.  That's why God tells us to take every thought captive to the obedience of Jesus Christ.  II Corinthians 10:5

Have you ever taken a thought captive?  I picture taking a thought out of my head and holding it in my hands and asking it, "Do you obey Jesus?"  If it doesn't obey Him, throw it away!  Sometimes, you have to do this 100 times a day.  When Bill & Anabel Gillham first taught this truth to me, I had no idea how many thoughts were just roaming around in my head all. day. long.  I'd never taken one thought captive in my whole life that I knew of.  But as I began practicing taking my thoughts captive, I was appalled at the number of thoughts Satan spoke to my mind constantly.  And I'd just entertained them.  All day long.

So if you're depressed or overwhelmed, start paying attention to what you're thinking about.  What thoughts are roaming around in your head that are not your own?  If God tells you 20 wonderful things about yourself and Satan tells you 2 horrible things about yourself, guess what you're going to concentrate on?  Of course--the 2 horrible things.  That's his plan.  He wants you thinking on the negative.  His whole intent is to destroy you.  He comes to kill, steal and destroy.  But God has come to give you abundant life.  But in order to obtain the abundant life, you have to be thinking on truth.  Because "as a man thinks in his heart, so is he."  Proverbs 23:7.

Start taking notice of your thoughts.  You've entertained some thoughts so long, you believe they're yours.  Ask God to reveal the truth of your thoughts to you.  Don't allow thoughts to just roam absently through your mind.  Make them obey Jesus.  You have the authority to capture them and command them to leave if they don't.  And think on what is pure, honest, just...and all these things.  Philippians 4:8

No comments: