Monday, July 21, 2014

A Daddy's Love

My friend, Logan Bidwell, posted this video on Facebook and I watched it and I cried...





This is the heart of every little girl...and every big girl.  They long for their daddy's love.  It's their first opportunity to know they're beautiful, wanted, and special.  Some of us had a wonderful daddy who showed us this kind of love.  I know many didn't.  But we all have a heavenly Daddy who is chasing us down to love us.  He's ringing our doorbell and waiting for us to open the door.  ( "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me."  Rev. 3:20)

This past week, I had an especially hard day.  I was really down.  So I sat down to journal.  Journaling is a way for me to work through issues by writing them down and processing them.  As I did, I looked up and saw this piece of art by Valerie Wieners which I keep by my "quiet time" chair.



God began whispering over and over into my heart how much He loved me.  As I received that word into my heart, my heart melted. 

Don't we all long to know we have a Daddy who loves us?  A Daddy who thinks we're special enough to dress up for?  Who really, really wants to spend time with us?  We do.  I've found that God is constantly inviting me to spend time with Him.  He invites me into His tabernacle--a place designed for intimacy--so He can speak into my heart and often, change my perspective of me.  He longs for us to know this truth:  He loves us.  We are priceless.  He is inviting us into His presence for an intimate time with Him.  He is searching for us, pursuing us and will be relentless until we stop and turn to Him.  

In this video, I love how the little girl is so excited!  She points out her new shoes to her daddy.  And she's content just to be with him...eating, swinging, sliding...nothing special and yet everything she could possibly long for.  It's enough to be with a daddy who loves her, adores her, delights in her, and longs for her to know his love.

We have a Daddy just like that.  And we are His.

"See what [an incredible] quality of love the Father has given (shown, bestowed on) us, that we should [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are!"
I John 3:1a

No comments: