Friday, October 4, 2013

Feeding our soul

Lindsey's front porch

Gus on Shanna's front porch beside the Cinderella pumpkin.  (Isn't my youngest grandbaby adorable?  Look at those cheeks!)

We took Dax & Gus to a sunflower field one afternoon for fall photos.


I got my hands involved in helping my daughters-in-law decorate their porches for fall.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE fall???  It's my very favorite time of the year.  In fact, Andy & I got married in the fall and went to Red River for our honeymoon.  We try to go see the changing of the leaves in Red River every year to celebrate our anniversary.  But...I digress.  I couldn't help myself.  The girls were wanting color on their porches and I got to be involved in the project.  Lindsey's front porch got a splash of color with mums.  Shanna's front porch started with a pumpkin and some gourds.  We later had to make a run to Dumas to find mums (and I didn't get a picture of the finished project).  

After it was all said and done, I had to admit this fed my soul.  There's something about adding beauty to your life, to your home...that is refreshing, renewing and restorative.  Because I don't have a house this fall, it would have been easy to skip the fall decorations.  But I'm so glad I didn't.



1 comment:

Janis Dietz said...

Amen! We really went to RR too early, but it was still pretty. The aspen were very strange and random: some were at peak color standing right next to still-summer-green ones.