Thursday, October 3, 2013

A World Out of Control...and a God Who Isn't


I rarely watch the news.  I honestly can't handle it--it's too overwhelming to me.  If I could, I would probably be the proverbial ostrich with its head in the sand.  But I can't go that far.  I've chosen resources I trust and read their updates on what's going on in the world.  But I also get a bellyful of information on Facebook.  The problem with that is you can't trust everything that's put out there.  But...really?  Can we trust the info we're hearing from anyone?  For those people around my age, we had Walter Cronkite as a news anchor and we all trusted him (and really probably shouldn't have).  But it was a kinder and gentler generation and we were full of trust--and they told us they were unbiased reporters.  Do I believe in conspiracy theories?  Absolutely!  Satan has a conspiracy to kill us all.  Will he use people?  No doubt.

I've probably said this before on my blog, but I'll never forget going to Tibet and hearing a voice come over the loudspeakers all over Lhasa.  I asked Marcy what they were saying and her reply was, "Oh, it's just their propaganda!"  I went home thinking on that and asking myself if we were hearing propaganda in the U.S.A.--but just in a different way.  Of course we do!  Everyone has an agenda today.  No one is unbiased.  (In my humble opinion...)

Honesty, I feel like our world is spinning out of control.  And it probably is.  If you agree with the Bible, you know it doesn't get better!  There are going to be some cataclysmic things take place in the future.   But I cling to what The Word says, "I charge you in the sight of God who gives us life...
God, who is the blessed controller of all things, the king over all kings and the master of all masters, the only source of immortality, the one who lives in unapproachable light, the one whom no mortal eye has ever seen or ever can see. To him be acknowledged all honour and power for ever, amen!"  
I Timothy 6:13-16 J.B.Phillips Translation (emphasis mine)

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Right on the mark, Becky.