Friday, August 9, 2013

The Blessed Woman by Debbie Morris


I highly recommend the book, The Blessed Woman, by Debbie Morris.  This book could easily be read one chapter at a time with a week to digest what you've read.  Debbie uses (mostly) women of the Bible to teach life application we all need...and all involving God's grace.

I think one of my favorite chapters was the chapter on insecurity using Saul as the example.  I had to underline several of her quotes, one of which was, "Saul never truly trusted God's call on his life.  He was always trying to become what he already was.  He felt unworthy to be king so he was constantly trying to prove himself.  But it was a hopeless quest.  None of us qualify for what God has called us to do.  He doesn't even ask us to.  He simply asks us to acknowledge His grace and pursue a relationship with Him.  All He requires is that each of us gives Him our heart, surrenders to His will, and inquires of Him, 'Lord, what do You want me to do?'"

I found many truths in this book I'd never considered before.  Debbie writes with a very easy manner but may hit you upside of the head with truth!  You'll find chapters dealing with children, marriage, pain, submission, waiting and worship, among others.  

I'd give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Thank you to WaterBrook Press for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments: