Saturday, June 22, 2013

Submit?


"Incline my heart not to submit or consent to any evil thing or to be occupied in deeds of wickedness with men who work iniquity; and let me not eat of their dainties."  Psalm 141:4

I read this verse this morning and the "submit" word hit me right between the eyes.  I am not to submit to any evil thing.  Usually, when I think of the word submit, I'm thinking about submitting to God.  I'm certainly not thinking about submitting to evil.

So I had to stop and think about it.  My life is full of submission whether I like it or not.  Aren't we born rebels?  We come out of the womb fighting submission. And yet...we're submitting whether we like to admit it or not.  We're either submitting to God or to Satan.  Really...is there any middle ground?

Maybe we just thought we had a problem with submission.  Hmmmm....

No comments: