Monday, January 30, 2012

Wreck



I was in a wreck last night.  And it wasn't my fault.  (Whew!)  I was coming home from church and came to a major intersection and saw a pickup coming from my right.  My light was green and I thought, "Surely this guy is going to stop!"  And then I saw that he was going to plow on through.  I slammed on my brakes and honked my horn all while thinking, "He's not stopping.  But maybe I can avoid this wreck.  Nope.  I'm going to catch the front of my car on his pickup.  But it won't be too bad.  I don't think I'll be hurt."  I braced myself  (tensed up) for the impact and felt my glasses fly off my head.  Later, I told Andy that it was AMAZING to me how many thoughts can fly through your mind in milliseconds!!  After the impact, the guy came to my car and asked if I was hurt (I didn't think I was at that point).  He asked me whose fault it was and I told him he'd run a red light.  (I thought it was strange that he didn't know---I'm guessing he was on his cell phone.)  We got out and looked at my car.  I was shocked that there was foam inside the bumper!! It appeared to still be drive-able and nothing was leaking.  I asked him if he had insurance and he got his card for me to copy information.  I got in my car and called the police---I thought I might need a record.  I also called my husband.  The guy got a ticket.
I'm so sad that my car has to be fixed.  I love my car...it was a gift...and it has been a great little car.  But maybe it will come out looking like new.
And now I'm on my way to the chiropractor.  My neck and back are a little sore.

3 comments:

Ronnie said...

I am very thankful you are okay and praying your neck and back feel better soon. That's craziness!!!

Sandra said...

Oh no! I just saw this. How are you feeling?

Kara said...

I am praising Jesus that you are ok. :(