Saturday, October 31, 2015

On This Foundation by Lynn Austin


Lynn Austin is one of my favorite authors.  And she didn't disappoint with this new book, On This Foundation.  The story is the biblical account of Nehemiah as told through the 3-D imagination of Ms. Austin.

I loved every character in this book.  They were real, believable and well-developed as the story moved along.  Of course, Nehemiah is the central character of the book and the background Ms. Austin gives him seems as if it must have moved off the pages of the Bible...but it's not all there.  But because our place of pain is most often our place of reign, the background she created for Nehemiah doesn't seem just believable, but probable.

Lynn Austin touches every aspect of the day in Jerusalem--from the impoverished to the rich rulers.  And from the few details in the Bible, she develops emotion, imagination, and a desire to study the true story to see what is fact and what is fiction.  And because you know the story and how it ends, I don't need to retell it here.  But what you'll find in this work of fiction is the human response to a big call from God.  This book isn't just a work of fiction...the Holy Spirit through Lynn Austin touched areas of my life through the truth in this book.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.  I highly recommend it! I didn't want the book to end.
Thank you to Bethany House for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments: