Friday, August 8, 2014

Breaking News


So many bad things are happening in our world right now.  Watching the news is downright depressing.  And you can't get away from it...if you get on Facebook, your friends are posting the highlights of what is going on in the world with comments like, "WAKE UP, PEOPLE!"  It's so compelling to bury your head in the sand and ignore it all.

I hate being told to "Wake up!"  I feel awake.  I don't like what I see.  But I feel helpless to DO anything.  I can write my president, congressmen, and senators (and do), but how much good does it do?  They don't seem to be representing me well.  It all just feels out of my control.

Bingo!  It is out of my control.  I've never been in control!!  And those who think they are, are deceived.  Thank goodness that God is the blessed controller of all things.  Even when things seem out of control, God has a plan.

What can I do??  I can pray.  I don't have the power to control nations or leaders...except through the privilege of talking to the King of kings and asking Him to move on nations and leaders.  Why is it that prayer is usually our last resort?  It's because we don't realize the power we have.  

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..."
Ephesians 3:20

No comments: