Wednesday, May 7, 2014

All that current and nothing plugged in...


II Timothy 3:1-5
"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people."

I wanted to give you context for the verse that has been bothering me the past few days.  Bothering me like a splinter in my finger which I keep trying to dig at and can never quite get.

It's this part:  having a form of godliness but denying its power.   I had to ask myself if I was denying the power available to me--the power of the Holy Spirit.  I'd like to ask you the same question.  Have you been denying the power available to you?

All of that current running through us and nothing plugged in.

More to come...

No comments: