Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What's NORMAL??

My friends and I have been talking again.  We've longed for things to get back to normal...but then we have to stop and ask, "What's normal now?"
I think the thing that most concerns us is navigating the mine fields Satan has planted all around us.  I've never seen as many traps for "offense" as I've seen lately!  It's like Satan and his demons have gone crazy putting traps filled with bait at every place you turn.  There are so many opportunities to take up an offense.  Parents being offended by children.  Children offended by parents.  People offended by church leadership.  Church leadership offended by people.  Employees offended by employers.  I even heard a patient accusing her doctor this week over an offense.  (And you know how often I go to the doctor!)  It's craziness!!
I think back to when I was growing up and my parents' lives seemed so stable, even, and...normal.  I have to believe Satan has a new tactic.  He's trying to destroy unity.  Unity of families.  Unity of churches.  Unity of friendships.  Just unity.  And it can be over the least incident that becomes so divisive that members of families or friends don't speak for years.
I don't know that things will ever be normal again. But my advice is to stay alert...and watch out for those traps.

I Peter 4:8
"Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins [forgives and disregards the offenses of others]."

No comments: