Monday, October 24, 2011

The Tehran Initiative by Joel C. Rosenberg


What if you were a student of biblical prophecy, had worked under some of the leading politicians of the world and had a first-hand knowledge of international politics?  You'd write The Tehran Initiative to sound an alarm to the Christian community.
I was very excited to receive the the sequel to The Twelfth Imam and begin reading it.  It was a hot page-turner and I just didn't want to put it down.  When I received the book, I was told I couldn't review the book before October 23rd...and it was hard to wait.
The premise of this book is that the Twelfth Imam has arrived on the scene in Iran and begins pressuring the middle eastern countries to form a caliphate under him.  Israel is nervously watching this caliphate form, aware that with each country who joins, it means another nuclear weapon is added to the Imam's arsenal.  It then becomes a contest to see if Iran or Israel will make the first strike.  Unfortunately, it's also unclear whose side the United States of America will choose.
This story could be written from the front page of today's newspaper.  We're given much insight into the inner workings of the CIA and the military as they try to restrain itchy trigger fingers without actually going to war.

I'd give this book 5 out of 5 stars.


Thank you to Tyndale House Publishers for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! Can I borrow that?!?! I've been waiting over a year for that to come out!!!