Friday, October 21, 2011

Go Bulldogs!


Tonight is the Borger Bulldog vs Pampa Harvester game.  I always hear it:  "Who are you going to root for?"  For those who don't know, I grew up in Pampa.  So I was a Pampa Harvester who bled green & gold.  Now back in the day...those were football games!  Borger & Pampa are huge rivals and their football games 30-something years ago always involved a fight.  Police positioned themselves near the student section just to break up fights.  And they were definitely on the field after the game for the after-game fights.  Not that I'm advocating fighting...it was just always a show and something to talk about for weeks/years afterwards.  Harvesters stole the Bulldog bell.  Bulldogs torched the Harvester.  And on and on and on....

But once we moved to Borger and my children were involved in sports, my loyalties switched.  I root for the Bulldogs--that is, if I ever go to a game.  And if that weren't enough, I lived in Pampa 18 years.  I've now lived in Borger 24 years.  Incredible!  (And if you're trying to add...yes...I'm only 42.  jk)

Go Bulldogs!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I guess this means it's time for Pops and Ryan to have their annual guys' night at the Bulldogs game!

Becky Dietz said...

You bet! Pops would love it!!