Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cigarette Smoke & Cheap Perfume


Have you ever hugged someone who smokes alot and who then who tries to cover up that smell with cheap perfume?  And those smells stay with you all.day.long.?    Ugh!!!  It's horrible.  I used to work with a lady like that.  And she loved giving out hugs.

I hate walking into Living Water (our benevolence ministry that has a clothing room full of used clothing) after someone who smokes has donated a pile of clothing.  I try to keep Living Water smelling good.  I use metered sprays, candles and plug-ins.  But it's just hard to cover up that smoke smell.

I think it's a picture of us after we've spent lots of time in the world.  We smell like cigarette smoke covered up with cheap perfume to God.  We come praising God (hugs) and that's all he can smell--we've spent too much time in the world...and not the Word. 

He desires the sweet aroma of praise.

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

What a great picture! This is so true!