Sunday, September 18, 2011

What Do I Like About Fall?


Fall is my favorite season--hands down!  In fact, I love it so much that Andy & I were married September 27 and went to Red River for our honeymoon.  We try to go back there every year on our anniversary.  (We leave next Friday!  And I.can't.wait.)  It will be our 36th anniversary this year.
Why do I love the fall?
  • It's a definite changing of seasons.
  • I'm not a hot weather girl.  I love when it starts to cool off.
  • I love the way the sun hangs in the autumn sky.  The colors are just different.
  • I love fall colors!!  ALL of them!
  • I especially like it when it rains in the fall--particularly when I can sit and read a good book.
  • Fall represents a "beginning" to me--marriage, kids back in school, new church programs...
  • Cooler weather energizes me!!  I actually get giddy.  (And I feel like God does it just for me.)
  • I love my warm clothes.
  • I like being cold and curling up in my bed and watching a good program.
  • I love soup weather and a good bowl of soup.
  • I feel more hospitable in the fall.  I guess it's because I have more energy.
  • I love shorter days...and the way it gets dark earlier.
  • I love, love, love the changing colors of the leaves.  We try to go see them every year.
Can you tell I'm getting excited?  It's fall!  Maybe not officially...but I feel it coming!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Me too!! I have all the ingredients for stew just waiting for a cold day.

Jeff's View Through A Lens said...

Agreed with all the above but must add FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amy wright said...

Mom likes football because it gives her peace and quiet to read a book on the other side of the house. :)
I love fall, too!! I'm glad your favorite season is approaching. And 36 years!!!!!! Before you know it, you will be the old couple standing up in church declaring 50 years. haha

Sarah said...

Congrats on 36 years!!! That is amazing!!! I love the fall too, I'm definitely not a hot weather person!!!

Janis Dietz said...

You know I totally agree!!! The earlier arrival of night means more atmosphere--lighting of candles, turning on lamps. And in this northern hemisphere, autumn means Christmas is coming...my favorite holiday!

Tammy said...

o my word! i just typed this "special" comment to congratulate you one ya'lls 36 years. and to tell you about Fall and its' meaning to me. it disappeared, too tired to retype it all. hahahahaha have a great trip and time together :)