Monday, July 12, 2021

Silenced




Has Satan tried to silence you lately?   Yeah…me, too.  It was so sneaky, I didn’t even realize what he’d done!   All it took was one post on Facebook which illicited a backwash of responses to shut me up.  I didn’t even realize it had silenced me until this morning.  

Here’s what happened.  I was teaching our youth in Sunday School yesterday and asked them a series of moral questions so they could tell me if they were true.   One question was, “Is it wrong to live together before marriage?”   Most of the kids didn’t answer.  But the few who did, didn’t know the truth of God’s Word.  They didn’t even try to give me the “Sunday School answer.”  And I was devastated.  

Since then, I’ve been having a conversation with God.  Our youth minister is teaching truth—I hear him every week.  Why are our kids not getting it?  What is our response now after hearing what these kids believe?   How do we fill them with truth before they leave us?  I was consumed with a new urgency to teach them truth.  

God used this one experience to reveal to me that I’ve been silenced by one stupid Facebook post and a myriad of negative responses.  Satan hates truth.  He doesn’t want it taught.  And if he can silence truth-speakers, he will.  

Have you been silenced?  It’s one of the oldest tricks in Satan’s playbook.  He hates freedom.  

“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”  John 8:32

No comments: