Friday, June 18, 2021

Youth Camp



I’m a 65-year-old woman and I just went to youth camp.  Why, you might ask?

•I love young people and love seeing God make a difference in their lives!
•An older pastor’s wife invested in me. 
•I’m still on mission!
•I still work with/teach our youth.  
•Our youth minister needed help. 
•Youth need someone with life experience who will love them and speak truth into their lives! 

We have GOT to get over the idea that “our day of serving is over!”   It’s not over until we get to heaven.  We’re either “all in”…or we’re not.  We may think we don’t have a lot to offer—but on this trip, we needed warm-bodied-men just to make sure boys stayed in cabins at night.  We needed someone to organize meals and then to ask others to prepare meals ahead of time. We needed cooks to warm up meals already prepared.  We needed adults to go with groups of kids to activities. We needed big arms to give warm embraces to the young man who lost his mom while he was at camp.  We needed lots of adults willing to love on and pray over hurting kids.  

People may have wondered why this gray-headed lady was going to youth camp. I won’t lie…I wondered that sometimes, too.  But I never want to miss what God is doing, do you?   And if not youth camp…WHAT is God calling you to do???  You still have a mission!  (You must each accept the responsibilities that are yours.”  Galatians 6:5)

Whatever it is…do that!


No comments: