Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Dax Hears a Who


"DON'T TOUCH THE SPECK!!"  And he was dead serious.  We were all in the front yard and Dax asked me about the "speck" on this flower.  I reached over to pull the flower towards us to see what he was talking about when he yelled at me.  I looked at his mother quizzically and she asked him, "Can you hear Horton, Dax?"  Ahhhh...Horton.  I was now clued in. 


So this adorable, serious-about-his-movies guy moved in close to see if he could hear Horton.  And, of course, I had to squeak some noises without moving my lips to oblige the pretense.  He looked up with awe in his eyes because he'd heard something.  So then he convinced his younger brother, Gus, to listen.  I think he needed confirmation.


Gus took a listen and exclaimed, "I HEAR HORTON!"  It was a sealed deal.  Horton lived on the speck of my flower.  We talked and listened to Horton for quite some time and Dax would vacillate between belief and doubt.  Gus just went with it and and pressed in close to hear and was filled with a sense of awe and wonder.

These boys are so much fun and their innocence and play delight me.  They also teach me.  After they left, I realized that they were a picture of how I need to press in to God and listen with belief.  I want to be filled with awe and wonder when I hear His voice.  I want to delight my Father with my interaction with Him.  I want to bring as much pleasure to Him as Dax & Gus bring to me.  

Who knew that "Horton Hears a Who" could teach us so much?





No comments: