Thursday, May 21, 2015

The greatness of God I see in you...


We were reminded on the retreat that we are created in the image of God.  Each of us has a unique characteristic of God, a treasure, placed within us which no one else has.  Just imagine the different combinations of personalities, gifts, families, and backgrounds which create who we are.  There are 7.2 billion people living on the earth today and...we're all completely different.  Even my husband, who is an identical twin, is different from his brother.  Collectively, God is revealed through us.  God has placed a piece of His greatness in each of us and it's up to us to find His greatness in one another and in ourselves--a treasure hunt!  Imagine us looking for His greatness in one another instead of focusing on the negative and being critical.

We practiced doing that.  We sat knee-to-knee with three other people and told them, "The greatness of God I see in you is..."  That part was easy.  It was actually a little more awkward to listen to others telling me what greatness they saw in me.  But the most difficult part came when I had to tell them what greatness of God I saw in myself.

But that's bragging on God.  HIS GREATNESS ABIDES IN ME!!  ME.  That's worth telling people about.  And if I dismiss His greatness in me...I'm just displaying false humility.  I'm taking away His glory.

Since I've been home, I've looked in a mirror each day and told myself, "The greatness of God I see in me is...."  It's been eye-opening.  God has revealed some incredible things to me.

YOU have greatness!  And you can begin discovering exactly what that is.

No comments: