Monday, August 22, 2011

Trip to Dallas

I was browsing through my blogs and realized I missed a whole set of grandkids along the way.  Then I realized I'd forgotten to take my camera along.  But then I thought, "My phone!  I took pics on my phone!"  So here they are...

The Wright family has moved to DALLAS!!  We're thrilled, of course.  Jay & Amy had planned to go on a retreat and asked me to come babysit.  Of course I wanted to---it was my first time to visit their new home in Dallas.  And I wanted those grandkids to realize just how much more often we were going to get to see one another.  Dallas is so much closer than Florida.

Before mom left, she pulled out the fuse beads and let the kids create.  I posted on facebook that I was so impressed with her as a mom---I never let my kids play with them.  But then Zach corrected me and reminded me of the things he made...and I remembered.  Now I'm pretty impressed that I let my kids play with them.

Josiah was very into it.  His colors had to be just right.

Isaac created an airplane.

The first day mom and dad were gone, we ventured to Half-Price Books for the morning.  We timed it just right!!  They were having a party for children and a tv celebrity was reading "Corduroy"  to them. 

Can you tell what just happened?  LOL!

When we sat down, a lady came and asked us if these kids had been there before--particularly Olivia.  I knew that they had.  She said Olivia was quite the celebrity because of this video from that trip.


And another celebrity showed up!  Can you tell who it is?

The BOOKWORM, of course!  He/She enjoyed coloring with the boys.

The next day, we ventured in the same direction, only further, to the mall to watch a movie and purchase Olivia's birthday gift.  We went to the Disney store and she shopped for quite some time before she made her purchase.  Her birthday is "20 August 9" according to Miss Olivia.  By the way, I was so impressed with myself for driving in Dallas and not getting lost.  The boys were afraid I would...

When mom and dad came home, they took us to downtown Dallas to experience the trolley.  It was so much fun (and free!).  The kids really enjoyed it. 

When we reached the end of the line, we all stood up and flipped our chairs to face the other direction.

Isaac sat up front and center and paid close attention to the trolley car driver who gave us a history lesson about Dallas, the dollar bill, and the trolley line.  It was really fun.  The kids even got to blow the horn.

Am I blessed to get to spend so much time with my 8 grandchildren or what???  I'm thankful that I'll get to see these three more often now that they're closer.

5 comments:

amy wright said...

We love you. Thanks for always taking time out of your own busy schedule to deal with our schedule. The kids always have a blast. By the way, I told the kids that I might have to tell you to no longer come with gifts since that's the first thing they ask you about. Both boys have been reasoning with me ever since. haha

Kathy Starnes said...

Becky, next time you are in Dallas I would love to see you. Maybe we could take the grandkids to the Arboretum or some other fun place! We attend church in Dallas and Lexi has piano lessons there, so I am there as much as I am in Ft Worth....
And I am very impressed that you did not get lost - I still do!

Lindsey said...

I'm impressed that you didn't get lost in Dallas too! And I'm impressed with you and Amy for allowing the bead crafts...I'm not that brave. I'm so happy they live in Dallas too. I think we might have to make a trip soon. :)

Becky Dietz said...

Amy, I don't have to mind you. ;)

Kathy--I'd LOVE to see you next time! That would be so much fun!!

Lindsey, I'll have to see about getting the kids some fuse beads. They'd love it! ;)

Tammy said...

i am so happy for you to have all of your grandkid's back in the same state. i think our gkid's may be needing a fuse bead or two. :)