Monday, November 6, 2023

Heaven’s Currency



Recently, I’ve been praying this: “God, would you please send me heaven’s currency?” I want to see miracles!! I want to see how God provides. I want to be in awe of God.  

Let me tell you about my first miracle since praying this prayer. Andy wanted a garage door opener for our side of the garage.  The one dad had installed was shot.  During the early Amazon Prime Day sales and after much research, I ordered one…a nice one with battery back-up. After it got here, Andy didn’t think he could install it. Knowing an overhead door company would probably want to install their own brand, we decided to send it back. 

I started the process of return and ended up having to chat with an employee. She told me it was non-returnable…but she could issue a refund.  I was told to keep the opener. Free. 

My cousin, Pat, and her husband, David, came to stay on their way to vacation and Andy jokingly asked David if he knew how to install a garage door opener. He did and wanted to help! The guys were both exhausted that night (what a way to start a vacation!) but it was up.  Andy only had to connect the wiring.  

He connected it but the door would only go up about one foot.  He worked and worked on it.  I found a video that this company had put out and it involved a button that needed to be turned. Andy finally called the company and the technician walked him through fixing the problem.  (An issue not covered in the instructions). We now have a garage door opener that works!!

Is this a miracle?  Is it currency from heaven?  You bet it is!!!  A free garage door opener. A cousin willing to work on his vacation. A technician who could problem solve. A husband willing to follow through until a garage door opener worked!  

I love heaven’s currency! My heart is filled with laughter—and I am in awe of God!!

No comments: