Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Spiritual Storm



Five years ago, I was opening our metal storm door so I could set my plants outside to catch the falling rain. When I touched the handle, every hair on my body stood at attention!! At that same moment lightening struck and thunder crashed!  The next morning, Andy found lightening had struck our church steeple only yards away.  

Have you ever felt that electricity in the air? It’s crazy!! How about spiritually? I’m feeling it now. It seems every cell of my body is standing at attention waiting to see what is about to happen.  II Timothy 3:1 tells us, “But know this that in the last days perilous times will come.” The Greek word for “perilous” means “hard to do, hard to bear, dangerous, troublesome, harsh, fierce, savage.” It infers our strength will be reduced.  

It’s coming. Stay alert spiritually. Don’t discount those feelings of intensity, unusual tiredness, feelings of chaos, and of being overwhelmed. Satan is the prince of the power of the air for a short time and he’s striking because his day is almost over. His frenzied activity is increasing. 

Stay in the Word. Stay focused on Jesus. Be still. Quit pushing. Wait on God. Listen for his voice. 

A storm is coming—but so is Jesus!

No comments: