Saturday, July 23, 2022

Have You Been Told You’re Not Enough?



Gideon’s & Saul’s stories are so similar.  The Angel of the Lord found Gideon hiding in the winepress sifting wheat for fear of his enemies.  When the Lord found him there, he said, “Hail, Mighty Warrior!”  He didn’t seem very mighty, did he?

Saul had been told by Samuel he would be king. But as  each tribe was brought before Samuel for God to show Israel who would be king, Saul couldn’t be found.  He was hiding with the luggage! It doesn’t sound very kingly, does it?

Why did both men appear so insecure?  Here’s their answer. Gideon said, “Oh my Lord, how can I save Israel?  My clan is the weakest in Manasseh and I am the least in my father’s house.”  Saul said, “Am I not a Benjamite, of the smallest of the tribes of Israel, and my family the least of all the families of the tribe?”

Gideon came from the smallest tribe—by the number of men.  Saul came from the youngest brother of the tribes of Israel. But somehow, from all of that, they believed they were nobodies!  Satan’s tactics haven’t changed, have they?

Who did God say they were?  God said Gideon was a mighty warrior!!  And Saul?  God said he was a king!!

Who does God say YOU are?  Come in agreement with Him!  You are more than enough with God. 

No comments: