Thursday, November 19, 2015

A Fifty Year Silence by Miranda Mouillot


It's taken me forever to write a review of this book.  In fact, it took me a long time to read the book!  I wanted to like this book--the synopsis of the book sounded amazing.  I applaud Ms. Mouillot for putting down her family history in book form.  I know it was probably healing for her to do so.

This book is the journey of Ms. Mouillot's grandparents.  They didn't speak to one another for over 50 years.  She spent time with both grandparents and wanted to understand why they separated and didn't speak again.  There just seemed to be no real resolution--which was just the way their relationship was, I understand.  Her grandparents were both Holocaust survivors and her grandfather was a part of the Nuremburg Trials.  It's a story I wanted to embrace...but was left frustrated.

I'd give this book 2 out of 5 stars.
Thank you to Blogging for Books for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments: