Monday, November 17, 2014

Silent Night. Holy Night.



Silent Night. Holy Night. 

It's 2:00 AM in Groom, Tx and except for the grain elevator I hear humming in the distance, these words ring true. 

I have to remind myself of these words--or ones like them--tonight. 2014 has been my "baptism by fire" year. Hard. A very hard year. I'm not a cryer, but tears overwhelm me at inopportune moments these days. 

Silent Night. Holy Night. Any night can be when God is at the center of it. I'm determined to have more of them. I hope for a year of mercy in 2015. But even if it's not, I'm choosing to put Christ at the center, being still, and focusing on Him. He brings order out of my chaos. He fills my tired heart with peace. He renews my mind and completes me. 

Silent Night. Holy Night. 

No comments: