Monday, June 2, 2014

The Holy Land Key by Ray Bentley


This book was not what I was expecting.  I expected it to be another end-times prophecy much like I've read many times.  But it wasn't.  Ray Bentley takes you on a Hebrew journey which begins with Abram.  And he doesn't just include the son of promise in this journey, but Abraham's other son, Ishmael, and his descendants as well.  Of course, these descendants are usually included in an end-times prophecy book as the enemy, but are talked about with respect in Mr. Bentley's book.

Early in this book, the author makes this statement, "For Jews living in Israel today, prophecy is their present as well as their future."  He makes his case with those words.  Using the events of our daily newspapers, Mr. Bentley shows how today's events are shaping our world for end-time prophecy.  He also exposes the paradigm most Jews and even Arabs live with--how those current events affect their lives today.

Ray Bentley also uncovers the church's lacking regard for both Jews and Arabs.  We may say we love the Jewish people, but do we really?  What actions prove that?  And the church can't seem to differentiate between Arabs and Muslims.  As a result, the body of Christ has little regard or love for Arabs--many of whom are believers.

This book has challenged me.  I give it 4 out of 5 stars.
Thank you to WaterBrook Press for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments: