Sunday, October 28, 2012

25 Years of Blessings

Andy took the position of Student Minister at First Baptist Borger 25 years ago this month.  Wow!  We've been in Borger, TX 25 years.

When we came,
Andy was 37 years old.
I was 32 years old.
Matt was entering 4th grade.
Amy was entering 3rd grade.
David was 5 years old.
Zach was 2 1/2 years old.

Gary Miller was the pastor who brought us to Borger.  Since then, we've served under Gregg Simmons, Scott Maze and Steve Taylor.  About 14 years into our tenure, Andy changed positions and became Minister of Evangelism & Missions.  He's also served in many capacities when we were without ministers.  He's served as children's minister, worship leader, and senior adult minister.

To gain perspective, Amy is now older than I was when we came.  And Zach has children close to the age he was when we came.

I wish I could expound on everything I've learned in the past 25 years...but maybe that's a post for later.  Instead, I can tell you that we are rich beyond words in friendships and relationships.  God has blessed us indeed.

No comments: