Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Strike the Shepherd



I’ve been feeling something deep in my spirit. Shepherds are under attack. I’ve been trying to weigh it out in my mind, “Why the shepherds?” This morning, I was reading Zechariah 13 and verse 7 confirmed it.  Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, against the Man who is My Companion,” says the Lord of hosts. “Strike the Shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered; then I will turn My hand against the little ones.” 

I know this is talking about Jesus. He was stricken by the Enemy and His sheep (disciples) scattered. But doesn’t Satan work the same way today with God’s people? Strike the leader so the sheep will scatter. 

Pray for your pastor, your shepherd. They’re under attack like I’ve never seen in almost 50 years of ministry. Pastors all over the world are being attacked with persecution, health issues, financial issues, marriage problems, prodigal children, and more. Many are walking away having turned to deception. Many are trying to rule the church when they’re not ministering to their own families. (II Timothy 3). 

The sheep won’t be safe if the shepherds fall.  

No comments: