Saturday, March 2, 2024

Trauma



Have you experienced trauma lately? It could be evacuating from a fire or losing everything in a fire. It could be the loss of health or the loss of a loved one. It could be losing a job. Trauma usually involves a loss of some kind. 

My sister reminded me of these verses this week:
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”  Matthew 11:28-30

REST is interpreted as “to cause or permit one to cease from any movement or labor in order to recover or collect his strength.”  When is the last time you did that? Our bodies respond to trauma in negative ways. When we’re yoked to Jesus, He stops for rest. Have you kept going when He stopped? Do you have vacation or sick days accumulated because you won’t stop? What about after a traumatic event? Have you permitted yourself to cease from labor? I recognize in the stress of the moment, you may not have time to rest yet…but when that moment is over, do you allow for rest? If you don’t, you may be going from one trauma to another without recovery. God knows you need rest!!  Stay yoked to Him. He stops. He rests. Learn from Him. 

AnapauĊ: “Cause or permit one to cease from any movement or labor in order to recover or collect his strength.”

No comments: