Thursday, December 2, 2021

Undone



I was undone.  We were worshiping and singing about the King.  I’d been meditating on Luke 12:32 for two days, “For it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”   What did that actually mean?   Jesus had just told the disciples not to worry about what they ate or what they wore.  He’d said if they’d seek first the kingdom of God, all these things would be added to them.  And then he said their Father would DELIGHT to give them (and us) His kingdom.  

Can you imagine being a billionaire and having a son who kept messing up—and telling him you’d DELIGHT giving him everything you’d worked hard for?   That’s why I was undone.  I am that son.  Why oh why would God entrust His kingdom to me?  Why would He DELIGHT to give it to me?   Doesn’t He know I am unworthy, untrustworthy?  

I rose to my feet and wiped the tears streaming from my face.  If God delights to give His kingdom to me, I want to take this gift and duty and handle it responsibly.  I want to be trustworthy.  I want to please my King and bring back more than He gave me.  I want to be a diligent ambassador.   

And that makes me worship Him all the more.

No comments: