Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Last Words

Death has been on my mind since I woke up this morning. Brinks Security System roused me out of bed about 6 a.m. and I had to go turn off the alarm for one of our older gentlemen who missed putting in his code. (Pray for him, please--I'm concerned about him) And...we're facing the day of remembering when Jesus died. Then I heard that a man who had been in our church had died. And I dealt with the death of a hope in someone's heart. So death has been on my mind.
I was already thinking on what I would do today if I knew it was my last day to live. What would I say to my fellow bloggers? Then when I got on Facebook, a former youth had posted this: "Live each day like it's your last!"
So...if this was my last day to live, here are the top 10 things I would tell you:

1. Pursue God with all of your heart. Know him--the many aspects of him.
2. Be a Truth-seeker. Knowing truth sets you free.
3. Love the body of Christ. Strive for unity.
4. As much as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
5. Your children are arrows. Point them to the target of God's will and pray for a bulls-eye!
6. Don't love this world or hang on to the things of this world.
7. Honor & respect your husband.
8. Submit. (Personally, I think that one word sums up all of life!)
9. Practice hearing God and then obey him.
10. Seek eternal things.
Sorry...I had to add a couple more:
11. Forgive
12. ENJOY life!
What would I do today if I knew it were my last day on earth? I'll tell you tomorrow. I'm just going to go do it!!

What would be on your list to tell us?

4 comments:

amy wright said...

Jay said you called and I told him you must be making the rounds. haha

Becky Dietz said...

I DID make the rounds. But all sincere, I promise you!!

Tammy said...

Becky, when do you leave to see those gkids? Are you going by yourself? Sorry I am not being nosy, I am just happy for you that you are getting to go!

Becky Dietz said...

I leave Friday! Can hardly wait!!