Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's All Good

It's all good. Everything. God said so.
"We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose." Romans 8:28
That's what God told me this week when I told Him that I wanted to change my attitude. I'm a complainer. I admit it. I would have been wandering in the wilderness for 40 years---or dead---if I'd been following Moses. I absolutely hate being a complainer! You may not hear it coming out of my mouth, but it's in my heart---and God knows it. (And then again, you may have heard it come out of my mouth!)
I read the first chapter of "One Month to Live" by Kerry & Chris Shook and I told God if I only had one month to live, then I'd want to change that about me. So he said, "What if you have more than a month?" Ok....I still want to change that about me.
It's all good. Even when the bad stuff happens. Even when I'm out of control. Even when money is tight. Even when kids are disobedient. Even when others don't meet my needs. Even when someone I love is sick. Even when I'm sick. It's all good.
And...even when good stuff happens. Even when I pretend to be in control. Even when I have all the money I need. Even when kids are obeying. And even when my needs are being met. Even when we're all well. It's all GOOD.
It's ALL good!

1 comment:

Emily Suzanne said...

What an incredible reminder, Becky! I really appreciate you posting this!